Student Ministry is where youth grades 6 – 12 grow in their faith by serving God, worshiping together, and forming lasting relationships.
AT A GLANCE:
- 2017-18 STUDENT MINISTRY| REGISTER NOW While it is on your mind, getting everything set up for fall ministry. Leader assignment, small group meeting space, many logistics are taken care of during the summer and your early registration will help make things happen more smoothly. Register today.
- VBS AfterParty | Extend the fun! If you have completed grades 5-7 and are participating in VBS each morning (and even if you aren’t, we’ll let you come and have fun anyways!) during the week of June 12 – 15, you are invited to stay at POP for lunch and activities with Student Ministry Director Tim Balow from 12:00pm – 4:30pm. You can join us all four afternoons or just one. Registration is available now!
- Summer Festival | HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER CAMP High school students (completed 8th – 12th in the summer) are invited to join us at Summer Festival, a high school camp hosted at Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, MN on July 9 – 12th. Similarly to our MEA Getaway, activities will be high energy and will include programs with dynamic worship and teaching similar to what we experience on Wednesday night. This is a great way to connect with high school students at POP. Registration is here!
- Join the Adventure | REGISTER FOR BWCA ADVENTURE TRIP 2017 Current 6th – 12th Graders | Saturday, July 29 – Friday, August 4 – Join the student community at Prince of Peace on an epic adventure in the BWCA this summer! We’ll be working with experienced guides and an outfitter to lead us through the amazing wilderness in northern MN including canoeing, camping, and some backpacking. Never done something like this before? THAT’S PERFECT! This is a great trip to get an experience of a lifetime and a way to challenge yourself like you’ve never done before. Contact Tim Balow with any questions!
Family Ministry 2017-18
Student Ministry Special Events
Wednesdays (September – April)
Student Ministry is our core experience for 6th – 12th grade students. Each Wednesday during the school year, students will have an opportunity for small group discussion with their peers, led by a caring adult who is passionate about partnering with students in their spiritual journeys. There are two shifts for small groups, dependent on what the group decides.
Freestyle is designed for students to have their own spaces for games, fun, and conversation. Games and activities are provided with adult supervision. If your small group meets at the 1st shift, you can decide as a group if you want to end your group early to take part in freestyle. Freestyle leads into the Student Worship service in the Sanctuary at 7:00 pm.
The main feature is our Student Worship service in the Worship Center Sanctuary featuring dynamic worship experiences, high impact teaching, and opportunities for God to be showcased in our everyday lives.
- 5:30 ‐ 6:15 pm | POP Rocks! Choir (grade 6‐8, Worship Center Room 130)
- 6:15 ‐ 7:00 pm | 1st Shift Small Groups (small group space is designated for your group)
- 6:30 ‐ 7:00 pm | Freestyle (Community Room)
- 7:00 ‐ 8:00 pm | Student Worship Service (Sanctuary)
- 8:00 ‐ 8:45 pm | 2nd Shift Small Groups (small group space is designated for your group)
Wednesdays (September – April)
The middle school choir provides ongoing support for our student ministry as we seek to engage students in opportunities to be involved in music and in missional experiences. While POP ROCKS! will sing for worship services, the primary goal is to send them out to sing and serve all over the Twin Cities and beyond.
POP ROCKS! is an awesome, positive and inspiring ministry where we celebrate what students can accomplish with dedication and effective leadership. Please join us on Wednesday evenings in the Worship Center Room 130 (lower level under the Sanctuary) from 5:30 ‐ 6:15 pm.
Students with at least one year experience with Student Ministry are invited to get connected up‐front and behind‐the‐scenes leading the media, music, Freestyle, skits, and prayer support for Student Ministry! Cost is $25 and covers materials and a t‐shirt for the year.
Prince of Peace has dedicated one day each year in the life of your child to celebrate baptism. Keeping the Promise Family Experiences (KTP) are designed to remind us of the important promises you made during your child’s baptism.
In Affirmation of Baptism (offered in the fall and spring), students commit to taking the lead in their own life of discipleship. We approach each of the participants as if they are characters in a subplot of God’s great story.
Then, applying the principles of what makes a truly great story, help them clarify and bring meaning to the life they commit to during Affirmation of Baptism. Along the way we’ll learn about who God is, who we are, the story we’re a part of, and the life we’ve been called to.
Two sessions are offered, one in the spring and one in the fall. Each session consists of 10 classes on Sunday mornings. Each session culminates in a celebration with the entire Prince of Peace community during weekend worship.