Spiritual Care Ministry
by Pastor Sandy Rothschiller
Spiritual Care Ministry reaches out and responds to spiritual needs throughout the Prince of Peace community. Most importantly, the spiritual care team has a desire to meet your spiritual care requests. When you go through a challenging time in your life you need not go it alone. If you would like to visit with a member of the spiritual care team for any reason – a stay hospital, to request a prayer, during a time of grief, general support, spiritual guidance – please contact one of our pastors or a member of the spiritual care team. We would enjoy the opportunity to walk with you on your spiritual journey.
There are several opportunities that are available to people seeking spiritual care:
- Support Groups: Prince of Peace hosts several supports groups including Grief Support, Parkinson’s Support, Depression Support, Care Giver Support, Adult Children of Persons with Memory Loss, Adult Children of Alcoholics, Job Connections, Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 Steps for Christian Living, and PFLAG. Two additional groups are offered by interdenominational coalitions of churches: Depression Support and Growing Through Loss. You can find more details, including days and times on our support grous page.
- Senior Adult Ministry: Educational programs, Bible study, memory care, and worship at several local senior living residences.
- Lay Ministry: Volunteers who have been trained in confidentiality, listening, prayer, scripture and communion walk with and support people going through life changes and challenging times.
- On-Call Ministry: Each evening and weekend trained volunteers answer calls of crisis and life changing events.
- Prayer Ministry: Several groups meet together and pray for others and for one another. The prayer groups meet on Wednesdays at 1:15 pm in the Chapel. There is also a prayer email chain. As prayer requests come in during the week, they are added to the prayer list. This list is sent out at least once a week to those who have requested to be on the list to pray for others.
Ways to get involved in Spiritual Care Ministry:
- If you are feeling the call to become a Lay Minister or On-Call Minister, we will have a training session in the spring. Contact me if you are interested.
- Attend a support groups as you go through situations in your life that need support. When you are ready to move on, consider being a facilitator. Contact Leu Killion at if you are interested.
- One of our prayer groups meets the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month. We pray silently for each person on the prayer list. Another group meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month and everyone takes a turn praying out loud for each person on the prayer list. We meet at 1:15 pm in the Chapel.
- The prayer email list is sent to your home; if you would like to be added to pray for others, or if you would like to be prayed for, please contact me.
Pastor Sandy Rothschiller is the Pastor of Spiritual Care at Prince of Peace.