Feed My Starving Children Wrap Up
“And if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday.” Isaiah 58:10
This February, Prince of Peace’s Feed My Starving Children meal pack went ecumenical, bringing 18 churches together to create the largest, single mobile meal packing event in the history of Feed My Starving Children. Over 10,000 volunteers from all backgrounds, races and religions, came together for a common cause: to pack 3,009,312 nutritious, life-saving meals for hungry, malnourished and starving children around the world. You can read more about the event here.
The news from this FMSC event keeps getting better! Prince of Peace has officially hit our fundraising goal of $150,000 — even after all of the expenses! The final $5000 check has been sent to FMSC. But that’s not all that has been sent. Our meals are already in the hands of the people who need them. Below is a listing of the programs that received the meals we packed.
- Food for the Poor (Nicaragua) – 7560 boxes of meals
- Food for the Poor (Jamaica) – 1,260 boxes of meals
- Global Aid network (Liberia) – 1,260 boxes of meals
- Food for the Poor (Haiti) – 2,520 boxes of meals
- Food for the Poor (Honduras) – 1,260 boxes of meals
- Venture Expeditions (Thailand) – 75 boxes of meals
Thanks to everyone who helped us feed God’s children around the world!