By Paul Gueldner
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (New International Version)
He is from everlasting to everlasting.
He sent his Son to us.
Jesus lived, died, and rose again to give us new life in Him.
Ultimate love and caring.
Eternal life for us in his Endless Love.
Expressions of love and caring
Just one day in the year? Why not all year? Not the chocolates, although some would live just for that!
Not the engagements, because those are special days when they happen – entire lives are transformed in those moments.
What about our hearts? Do we love any less on February 15th or any other day?
Do we give up caring when it’s not just the one day? I pray we do not.
Find a way to care for someone this day or this week.
- Sometimes, it could be you – do you feel rushed, harried, anxious, or fearful? Take some time to yourself and recharge.
- Sometimes, it should be someone else – open your eyes; see those around you; see where you can help brighten someone’s day, even if only for a moment or for an hour.
- Sometimes, it should be God, the one who gave you all that you are and all that you have.
Find a way to serve Him, whether large or small
- Spend your time with Him in prayer
- Spend your time for Him in service
- Spend your talents for Him in everything you do (job, family, social, and church activities)
- Spend your monies wisely, supporting those less fortunate whenever possible
Use your eyes and ears to see and hear where He might be calling you to act:
- Some are called to lifelong ministry; lets support them
- Some are called to specific events; lets cheer them
- Some are called to foundational activities which support the church in numerous ways (ushers, communion servers, greeters, money counters, bus drivers, committee members, etc.); lets thank God for them
- A calling may appear to be that mundane thing you do very well that seems difficult to others
- A calling may be an extraordinary event or change in your life
- A calling may more likely be an extension of something you already do.
- Stop, look, and listen! Only in the quiet times will you be able to hear Him calling you!
How many days in the year does God love you? Every day; without fail. On your good days and on your bad days.
May this be one of those good days.
Blessings in Christ.
I lift up my eyes to the hills – where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip – he who watches over you will not slumber;
Indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord watches over you – the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all harm – he will watch over your life;
The Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.
Psalm 121 (New International Version)
Paul Gueldner is a Lay Minister at Prince of Peace.